Potatoes, in any form, are a welcomed item on my weekend breakfast menus. They are hearty and oh so comforting. This is one of my most favorite ways to serve potatoes for a breakfast. It’s usually paired with a frittata made from weekday remnants. Feel free to jazz up these potatoes with other ingredients from your pantry or fridge. The classic additions would be diced red pepper and onion. However, broccoli roasted along with the potatoes adds a nice contrast in texture as well.
- 3-4 medium baking potatoes, unpeeled
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- favorite dried herb (I used an Italian blend)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with foil and evenly coat with cooking spray. Wash the potatoes under running water and poke small slits in the tops of each potato. Microwave the potatoes for 5-8 minutes until slightly soft but not cooked completely through.
- Remove from the microwave and allow the potatoes to cool enough to be able to handle them. Dice into large chunks and evenly distribute the potatoes on the sheet pan. Generously coat the potatoes with cooking spray; season with salt, pepper and dried herbs.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, turning halfway through, until they are a desired crispness.