I’m always exploring new ways to use my excess French bread. This recipe was no exception. The combination of the pear and gorgonzola cheese works perfectly with the lightly toasted multi-grain slices of bread. The honey gives a hint of sweetness, while the red pepper flakes offers a kick of heat with each bite.
- 14-16 slices multi-grain French bread
- 1 large pear, thinly sliced
- 3 oz. gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbl. honey
- 2 Tbl. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Brush each side of the bread with olive oil and evenly space on a sheet pan. Toast in the oven for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Layer each slice with gorgonzola cheese and 1 - 2 pear slices. Toast for an additional 2 - 3 minutes, or until the cheese has softened. Drizzle each with honey and sprinkle with red pepper flakes before serving.