I long for the days when I can clip basil in my backyard. Thankfully the ground hog didn’t see his shadow this month. That means my desire for truly fresh herbs will be satisfied in the very near future.
Until that time arrives, quality jarred pesto will have to serve as a suitable substitute. I was originally planning on making pesto pita pizzas. But somewhere during the 20 minute drive from the market to my house, I opted for a cool dip to satisfy my hunger before dinner. This dip is cool and tangy. If pita isn’t in your cards, consider serving it with a bounty of veggies instead.
- 1 (7 oz.) container Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbl. mayo
- 3 Tbl. prepared pesto
- 2 Tbl. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbl. grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 (5 count) package pita pockets
- olive oil
- Add the yogurt, mayo, pesto lemon juice and parmesan cheese to a small mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk together until well combined.
- Lightly brush each side of the pita with olive oil. Light the grill pan to a medium high heat. Grill each side for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted. Cut into triangles.